https://www.classy.org/ Classy is a giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect with supporters through online fundraising. They offer some ideas about how to reach your funding! For more information click on this article.
Answers to the Top 13 Questions Nonprofits Have About Giving Tuesday
Here we highlight the 13 questions briefly. For the Full Article Please Click Here
1) How does Giving Tuesday work for nonprofits?
Create a unique Giving Tuesday campaign with your fundraising software to encourage generosity among donors. Put your creativity to work and decide which campaign type makes the most sense for your goals.
2) When should you start planning for Giving Tuesday?
We suggest planning for your Giving Tuesday campaign at least three months before the big day. Start with activities such as:
- Aligning on a brand vision
- Building your campaign layout
- Identifying the theme and visuals you want to use
- Nailing down the “why” behind this year’s fundraising goals
3) How do you create a compelling ask for Giving Tuesday?
Consider creating impact blocks on your campaign page that show supporters exactly what their donation dollars can do to create positive change. Include compelling imagery of the beneficiaries your cause supports and short text descriptions to show the variety of ways this campaign will drive your mission forward. You may even repurpose these impact blocks in your email appeals and on social media leading up to Giving Tuesday to communicate the meaningful value of your campaign. Every touchpoint with your donors will bring them closer to your Giving Tuesday story.
4) Is it better to set a specific goal or use a general solicitation for Giving Tuesday?
The campaign you choose to run will determine how well you can support your more significant initiatives, so define that upfront with your entire fundraising team. That way, every step you take is centered around a common objective, and you know what to measure to determine success.
5) Why are matching gifts important for Giving Tuesday?
Your Giving Tuesday match can come from many sources, including:
- A crowdfunding campaign you host in the months leading up to November
- A group of major donors who want to make a big impact
- Local businesses that pitch in to make a difference
8) How do you market your Giving Tuesday campaign?
Strategize which platforms you will use to market your campaign in the weeks leading up to Giving Tuesday, the week of, and the day of. For your soft launch, make your donors feel like they’re part of an exclusive inner circle. To achieve this, use more private channels, like email, to tell your campaign narrative and build excitement.
When it comes time for your hard launch, lean into social media. People tend to take more immediate action on these platforms, so provide them with a direct path to give.
11) Is Giving Tuesday a good time to start a recurring giving campaign?
Absolutely! The subscription economy broadly defines how people prefer to allocate money. Think about the success your nonprofit can achieve by tapping into the models used by brands like Peloton or Hulu. This Giving Tuesday, identify repeat donors and segment your outreach with specially curated messages. Announce your official program and welcome them to join your subscription gift community. Emphasize the unique value they bring to your organization and how a recurring gift can amplify their impact on your beneficiaries.
Your Giving Tuesday Master Checklist
Cross off these action items as you plan your campaign.
If you’re able to begin planning your Giving Tuesday campaign as early as January, and continually take small actions throughout the year, you can give yourself a sizable runway to ideate and design a truly creative campaign.
Even if you can’t plan for Giving Tuesday year-round, this checklist can help keep you and your fundraising team organized.
Use this checklist to:
- Help align your team around your goals
- Establish early momentum for Giving Tuesday
- Stay on track to create a standout campaign
Classy.org is another resource for nonprofits to get their funding!